SSC CGL Exam is one of the most sought after examinations conducted by the Staff Selection Commission on an annual basis. SSC scheduled to conduct the SSC Combined Graduate Level exam from May 29th to June 7th 2021 but the exam has been postponed to an undisclosed date due to a surge in COVID-19 cases across the country.
Candidates can go through the SSC CGL Exam Date for latest information.
Aspirants of SSC CGL face a lot of issues along with the mostly ignored issue called “stress”. Stress & anxiety are common among the youth but it’s hardly ever paid any heed to only to face the consequences later. Candidates are put in 15-18 hours of hard work because of the pressure. The lack of sleep, unhealthy food, and mental pressure causes a lot of physical and mental issues.
Therefore, if candidates are stressed, they are required to deal with it now and deal with it in the right manner. Hence, through this article we have come up with some useful tips to beat stress while candidates are preparing for the SSC CGL examination.
How to handle Stress during CGL exam Preparation?
- Keeping yourself happy- Happiness is a habit and not an effect as most people would like to think. Nothing causes a person to be happy, you are happy because you want to be. So, you must never stop wanting to be happy. Look for what you can do to become a much happier person each day. A positive mindset is the key.
- Training the brain to be quiet- Meditation has multiple benefits on your mind and body. Meditating for just 10 minutes a day can do wonders for your brain. Meditation helps you deal better with a lot of things in life. Most importantly, it helps eliminate the random negative thoughts that occupy your mind and contribute to stress and anxiety.
- Think of the big picture- Often candidates focus on trivial things and forget the main goal. In times such as these, it is important to take some time to ask yourself the right questions, get to the root of the problem and make smart decisions.
- Get proper rest- A proper sleep of 7-8 hours is important. Chronic sleep deprivation can really strain the nerves and reduce cognitive abilities. It can reduce IQ and also the concentration power. Follow a simple nighttime routine to help you unwind better. Setting a bedtime alarm can be a good idea. Also, make the environment around you conducive to sleep.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink a lot of water: Eating healthy plays an important role in keeping the stress levels down. A hormone called cortisol is responsible for causing stress in your system. Magnesium helps reduce the cortisol levels. Foods such as nuts, leafy greens, berries, and raw cocoa are high in magnesium content. Eat a low sugar and high protein diet and don’t drink your calories. Do not skip meals and snack on healthy foods. Also, drink at least 2 litres of water to keep yourself healthy. Lack of water causes havoc in the system if you are working under pressure.
- Daily Exercise is important- Physical exercises are very good for the brain, as they help release the feel good hormones like endorphins. Therefore, challenge your body, let your mind take the backseat. Endorphins help improve the brain’s cognitive performance and problem solving abilities. It also helps boost long term memory. You can choose to do yoga, cardio exercises or something simpler like a run in your neighbourhood or brisk walking.
- Find any hobby- any form of Art keeps us occupied in a meaningful way and also helps to destress. Since we get involved in doing what we are passionate about, our mind gets diverted from tension to relaxation. So, find a hobby and stick to it.
- Reading helps to conquer- Reading helps the mind unwind and relax. It not only entertains but exercises your brain and makes you a knowledgeable person capable of striking up conversation with anyone anywhere.
While you keep acquiring more knowledge, if your state of mind is not right it is of no avail. So, handling stress is very important. You deserve a sound mind and body which is also a prerequisite for the SSC CGL 2021 preparation.